Saturday, January 22, 2011

This Christmas Gift Made My Day

At this stage of our family, Christmas pretty much revolves around the kids. We try to encourage a spirit of giving by letting the kids pick out some cheap presents for. . .

. . . interruption -- please see following post, "I Hate Croup," for a more detailed explanation [and we wonder, or don't, why moms' blogs are so often sporadic]. . .

. . .their siblings and for mom and dad. These gifts aren't always well thought out or all that meaningful, but the kids enjoy shopping for each other, wrapping the presents, etc. The kids will also usually bring home something they made at school to give to us. This year I spied one present that didn't fall into either of the above categories. It stated, "To Mom, From Aiden." So I opened it and saw pretty much the most fantastic present ever.
Ah-ha-ha-ha! I laughed and laughed. I can't really say how Aiden decided upon this particular set of toys as he rummaged through his toy box, but could you imagine a more well-rounded and all-purpose gift? Okay, maybe you could. But still so great.

My favorite functional and aesthetic gift this year came from Jeremy. When he asked me what I wanted for Christmas, my request/plea was for knobs for my kitchen cabinets [including installation]. He came through with flying colors. I love them and use them every single day! I bet you can't say that about many of your Christmas gifts. [I'm coming across a little boastful, yes, but I think I'll let it go this time.]

No comments:

Post a Comment