Saturday, February 19, 2011

Little Miss Mischief

Morgan has recently proved she is a wellspring of trouble. Here is a countdown of her most recent antics.

3 days ago: Unrolled the toilet paper. I came in to the bathroom to help her take care of business and found her walking her fingers along the toilet paper roll to unwind it. She just looked at me and kept on going. I reprimanded her, but she still kept going. "My fingers are doing it. I can't stop them."

2 days ago: Emptied about 1/2 of a bottle of conditioner into her bath. Even after rinsing, she was extra soft and smooth. "I needed to put it on my legs."

1 day ago: Squirted lotion all over the kitchen. I mean ALL over. I found it over and under the counters, table, chairs, stools. She made an impressive trail across the floor. I even found it in the heating and intake vents. Have you ever tried to clean things out of vents? [I will count my blessings here, because there could be much worse things to clean out of vents. Just ask Jeremy. And lotion is easier to clean up than diaper cream, which Marissa once smeared all over herself.] "I had to give Zeke some lotion." Yes, there was also lotion on the dog.

Today: Emptied the entire bookshelf of its contents. I walked into her room to discover a humongous pile of books. Putting them back, I found books I didn't even know we owned. Jeremy asked her to please not ever do it again. "But I like it."

Tomorrow: I feel dread.

[I realize this makes me look like a completely absent parent. I promise these things happen with astonishing efficiency. Really.]

1 comment:

  1. ahhh yeah. had a good laugh with this one. love all her reasons: "but i like it." "my fingers are doing it." So good.

    Also laughed at you being an absent parent. "And after playing some more video games, i walked in and saw her doing THIS..." The idea is absurd and therefore funny.

    ReplyDelete