Thursday, February 10, 2011

So Very Complimentary


Have you ever received a compliment you had to think about for awhile? Many years ago I had a conversation with a friend that went something like this . . .

Friend: You're like Mary Tyler Moore.

Me: ???
[You have to know here that I grew up without a TV, so pop culture references prior to the '90's tend to escape me. I'm still playing catch-up.]

Friend: Yeah, cause people just like you.

Well, thanks! Even with unusual delivery, I'm willing to accept a compliment.

I've also been told that I radiate. My question: Are you sure it's not just a trick of light reflecting off my glow-in-the-dark, super-white skin?

Another time I gave a devotional at girl's camp. I chose to talk about God's creations and how we can feel His love through them and show our love for Him by showing respect for nature, etc. Afterward, a friend told me how awesome it was and raved about it. I was flattered, until about a year later she ran away to join some Mother Earth cult thing. Nice.

1 comment:

  1. brahahahahaa! I'm sorry to be a comment nazi but I am dying @ this one. Your devotional was just THAT good. It's a good thing the rest of us are less cool, lest we overly-influence weird people in weird ways.

    ReplyDelete