Thursday, January 10, 2013

Books read in 2012

For my own record, here we go again. Just solidifying my reputation as a bookworm. I believe my favorites this year were These Is My Words by Nancy E. Turner, Vienna Prelude by Bodie and Brock Thoene, and Boys Adrift by Leonard Sax. I surprised myself that two of these are historical fiction. I never thought of myself as much of a history buff, but I guess if you cloak it in right story? It was also a privilege to read Little Sun, the first draft of the first novel written by my sister-in-law. She's currently looking for an agent, and I'm rooting for her. I also had a good experience last school year helping Marissa prepare for the battle of the books. She is very much not like me when it comes to books, so the only way I could get her to read what she needed to was to get up early every morning before school and take turns reading out loud. As a confirmed night-owl, this wasn't always my favorite thing, but very positive for both of us. Read on, now, if you care to. 
  • The Book of Mormon
  • The Host by Stephenie Meyer
  • A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens
  • Mere Christianity by C. S. Lewis
  • These Is My Words by Nancy E. Turner
  • Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli
  • No Apology by Mitt Romney
  • All Creatures Great and Small by James Herriot
  • A Light in the Window (The Mitford Years #2) by Jan Karon
  • With Child by Laurie R. King
  • Partials by Dan Wells
  • Peace Like a River by Leif Enger
  • The Final Warning (Maximum Ride #4) by Jamaes Patterson
  • All But My Life by Gerda Weissman Klein
  • Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports (Maximum Ride #3) by James Patterson
  • Seeds of Rebellion (Beyonders #2) by Brandon Mull
  • School's Out--Forever (Maximum Ride #2) by James Patterson
  • Little Sun by Ashley S.
  • Rise to Rebellion by Jeff Shaara
  • The Scorcerer of the North (Ranger's Apprentice #5) by John Flanagan
  • Vienna Prelude (Zion Covenant #1) by Bodie and Brock Thoene
  • The Battle for Skandia (Ranger's Apprentice #4) by John Flanagan
  • The Icebound Land (Ranger's Apprentice #3) by John Flanagan
  • Strangely Normal by J Kevin Morris
  • Night by Elie Wiesel
  • The Burning Bridge (Ranger's Apprentice #2) by John Flanagan
  • Cold Sassy Tree by Olive Ann Burns
  • The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick
  • Tears of the Giraffe by Alexander McCall Smith
  • The White Mountains by John Christopher
  • The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
  • Drowning Ruth by Christina Schwarz
  • Summer of the Monkeys by Wilson Rawls
  • My Side of the Mountain by Jean Craighead George
  • The Ruins of Gorlan (Ranger's Apprentice #1) by John Flanagan
  • Angle of Repose by Wallace Stegner
  • Boys Adrift by Leonard Sax
  • Villette by Charlotte Bronte

No comments:

Post a Comment