Thursday, September 27, 2012

Deja vu

People keep asking me how I like having all my kids in school and what I do with my time. Well, considering days like today, being a mom of school-aged children has not equaled rest and relaxation. I got a call from the office which reminisced a call I received exactly one year ago. This time it went like this:
Office: Anneka?
Me: Yes.
Office: This is Kerri [who also happens to be my neighbor] from the school. Morgan's here in the office. She bonked her head, and she's bleeding.
Me: Okie dokie. Be there in a minute.
When I got to the school, it became clear that this wound was not nearly as dramatic as Marissa's, but it was still bloody and in a difficult place to treat -- right in the back of her head. Add this to her awesome haircut, and she's a sight to behold. I don't think we'll do stitches. Maybe some super glue will save the day.

As for what I do now that all my kids are in school? Let's just say that being a mom is a 24-hour job, no matter what phase you're in.

P.S. When I brought Morgan home from school, I let her watch a movie. She chose Beauty and the Beast, so of course I had to sing along. "Mom," she said. "Your singing is not helping my head." Oh, blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment