Wednesday, November 23, 2011

True Love

We took our family to tithing settlement on Sunday and were engaged in some small talk with the bishop. He asked each of the kids what is his or her favorite thing to do. Then he asked Marissa what is my favorite thing to do. She thought briefly and said, "Smooch my dad." Well, after passing through various stages of embarrassment -- a) turn several shades of red; b) giggle uncontrollably; c) karate chop the progression of any further conversation; d) flee at the soonest possible moment -- I came to a conclusion.

I am in possession of a rare treasure.

While the setting was vastly inappropriate for such a declaration, I feel so, so, SO grateful that our children see and recognize love in our home. I'm glad they know that Jeremy and I love each other. I count my blessings to have married a
funny and charming and respectful and forgiving and loving man who shows our kids how a woman should be treated. The fact that I like to smooch him is just an added bonus.

No comments:

Post a Comment