Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Proof of Affection

Jeremy likes to tease that I must not love my children very much since I didn't post their back-to-school pictures on my Facebook wall. I beg to differ. It's just a symptom of my conflicted relationship with social media. But since I do love my children and like to show them off a little, here they are on their first days of school.

Caleb, 7th grader













Marissa, 5th grader












Aiden, 2nd grader












Morgan, preschooler












Have you noticed how the first day of school marks the passage of time more than most things? While I held myself together better this year than last after sending these sweet pieces of my soul away, I look at these pictures and feel gentle twinges in my heart. I guess even at my age I'm bound to have a few growing pains.

1 comment:

  1. Aww... cute pics. Love these kids. (And Caleb is such a tall drink of water! I can't believe it.)

    ReplyDelete