Thursday, June 30, 2011

Lefty

I am right-handed. Extremely. In other words, I'd be a total loss if ever I had to rely solely on my left hand. It would be disastrous. I can write in cursive with my left hand, but only when I am mirroring my right. You know, when you have a pencil in both hands and write in opposite directions simultaneously. That works. Otherwise, not such a great plan. Strangely, however, my left side seems to dominate in unusual ways. I'm curious if this is a normal phenomenon. It seems a little weird to me.

  • My left foot is larger than my right, which is so very unfortunate since my feet are enormous enough as it is.
  • My left pointer finger is longer than my right.
  • I wear my purse or backpack on my left shoulder. It just feels wrong the other way and usually falls off when I try.
  • I put my sock and shoe on my left foot first. I'm almost compulsive about this.
  • I fall asleep on my left side.
  • I am left-eye dominant. So when I shoot a gun I have to close my right eye to aim. Apparently about 30% of all mammals are left-eye dominant [in case you like to store random and basically useless facts].
  • I recently took a test which determined I am center-brained with a trend toward left-brain dominance. I don't think this is strange, nor was it a big surprise, but it goes with the theme.

So what? I have no idea. I will tell you, though, that if we ever play basketball, just guard my right side. Even with that extra big foot, I have no hope using my left.

No comments:

Post a Comment