Sunday, January 12, 2014

Who needs goodreads?

Okay, so I am a goodreads member and enjoy their periodic emails updating me on books my friends have read. It helps me add even more books to my mental wish-to-read list. I just can't make myself update my profile. I don't have the patience for it and it's like #723 on my list of things to do. But I've got to stick with precedent and record exactly how nerdy I am. Here's what I read in 2013 (I had a hard time keeping up on it this year, so hopefully it's all correct, not that it really matters).

  • Laddie by Gene Stratton Porter
  • Allegiant by Veronica Roth
  • Midnight in Austenland by Shannon Hale
  • Dracula by Bram Stoker
  • Edenbrooke by Julianne Donaldson
  • William Henry is a Fine Name by Cathy Gohlke
  • Insurgent by Veronica Roth
  • Divergent by Veronica Roth
  • Funny in Farsi by Firoozeh Dumas
  • Forest Born by Shannon Hale
  • True (...Sort Of) by Katherine Hannigan
  • Molokai by Alan Brennert
  • Beyonders: Chasing the Prophecy by Brandon Mull
  • Ida B by Katherine Hannigan
  • River Secrets by Shannon Hale
  • Kristin Lavransdatter by Sigrid Undset
  • The Running Dream by Wendelin Van Draanen
  • Cyrano de Bergerac by Edmond Rostand
  • The Year of Goodbyes by Debbie Levy
  • City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
  • Team of Rivals by Doris Kearns Goodwin
  • Blood Red Road by Moira Young
  • Book of a Thousand Days by Shannon Hale
  • The Gates of Zion by Bodie Thoene
  • Boys Adrift by Leonard Sax
  • Ten Miles Past Normal by Frances O'Roark Dowell
  • North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell
  • Austenland by Shannon Hale
  • Enna Burning by Shannon Hale
  • The Candy Shop War: Arcade Catastrophe by Brandon Mull
  • The Curious Incident of a Dog In the Nighttime by Mark Haddon
  • Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defoe
I may have to call this the year of Shannon Hale. She certainly seems to dominate the list. Overall, though, I feel like I covered the genres fairly well. Heavy on the YA fiction, yes, but I'm really okay with that. And never fear, I've already gotten a start on my 2014 list. Good books make me happy.

2 comments:

  1. Holy cow! That's a ton of books. Good job. I always thought i was a big reader but maybe starting over HP for the 99th time doesn't count...

    ReplyDelete