Sunday, April 8, 2012

A Little Healthy Competition

We had a lovely Easter today, celebrated in part with our traditional jellybean hunt. When I was growing up, my parents -- er, the Easter bunny -- would hide jellybeans all over the house for us to find. I'm not sure how the tradition started, but I suspect it was just too wet and rainy outside to have a typical egg hunt. Anyway, we decided to do the same for our kids, and I get a kick out of the whole thing. This morning the hunt was tapering off, so I started scouting out some of the stealthier spots to see what might have been missed. When I'd spot one, I'd summon the hunters, who would swarm around until it was sniffed out. At one point, Morgan found the jellybean, grabbed it up, and cried, "Heh, heh, heh, SUCKERS!"

Um, so kids... how about a talk about the reason we celebrate Easter?

2 comments:

  1. What a fun tradition. I have to say that I like pretty much everything about Easter (the candy and the real reason). I think it's okay to have both (but I wouldn't mind leaving out the Peeps).

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tradition goes back at least one more generation...
    Morgan makes me laugh. She is quite a stream of inspiration for your blog!

    ReplyDelete