Monday, May 2, 2011

It's Closer than I Thought

You know the saying, "Home can be a heaven on earth"? Well, apparently I've discovered the key to achieving this feat, at least according to one member of the family. I finally signed up for the food co-op called Bountiful Baskets. Each week, or less often according to your family's wants and needs, you can make a contribution for a fruit and veggie basket. I have thought about joining for a long time but never committed until last Saturday. After navigating the crowd of produce enthusiasts, I brought home a hefty box full of watermelon, strawberries, bananas, apples, grapefruit, spinach, cucumbers, onions, zucchini, mushrooms, herbs, broccoli, cauliflower, and even an eggplant. Marissa immediately started sifting through the bounty and said, "This is HEAVEN!" Me: brushing my hands off, and done.

[If you're interested in more information about the co-op, check out their website at www.bountifulbaskets.org.]

1 comment:

  1. yay for you. i almost did that last week but pickup time conflicted with soccer time so i'm going to try again monday. glad it turned out 'heavenly'

    ReplyDelete