Saturday, April 2, 2011

Just Dance

I am not a dancer. As a little girl I thought I wanted to be a ballerina when I grew up. I remember doing ballerina leaps all through the house. [Evidently I also wore my tutu without reservation. I wonder where Morgan gets that from?] That ended as I became more self-conscious and realized I really didn't have great coordination. However, I find there is a time and place to bust a move. One of my friends teaches a free Zumba class on Saturday mornings, and I take my two left feet pretty regularly. It gets me moving and I laugh a lot, both of which are good things. I've discovered an additional benefit to my Zumba experience: my friend uses all sorts of fun music for her routines, which helps narrow the gap in my vast pop culture divide. Sure, I listen to the radio, but I have a fairly stunted repertoire when it comes to such things. Anyway, my latest favorite is one she uses for the cool down. It's a mash-up, which I didn't even know existed before. You should take a listen, just for fun. . .


1 comment:

  1. Well, that clip made me want to bust a move.

    Anna and I regularly have dance parties, where we turn the music up and dance around like crazy people. It's great to let the inhibitions go because I really have no skill as a dancer. But it's good times. I should like to try Zumba sometime. I've heard good things.

    ReplyDelete